Lightweight brakes with heavyweight performance
The Haldex Air Disc Brake ModulT features a unique combination of low weight and high performance – and an unbeatably broad field of applications.
Weighing in at a mere 31 kg – including the brake pads – it is the lightest 22.5" trailer brake on the market. DBT22LT is just the beginning. It will soon be followed by 17.5" and 19.5" versions for buses and trucks.
- A single tappet mechanism with similar clamping force distribution to a twin tappet mechanism. The single-tappet mechanism also assures excellent pressure distribution. The result – in addition to superior braking capability – is even, perfect load distribution on the brake pads.
- Simplified maintenance = low down time; Another innovative design aspect is the boltless snap-on brake pad retainer fitment, simplifying brake pad replacement. The entire construction requires just two bolts.
- Modular; the same mechanism, sliding function design and even spare parts used on multiple brake sizes;
- Stainless sliding pins requiring no lubrication, fit and forget solution. ModulT has just two sliding pins (instead of four) and a completely closed caliper;
- Low weight with high performance and efficiency - double roller bearings for themechanism lever keep the hysteresis low.
- Long service life: stainless steel sliding pins and inverted self-protecting mechanism bellows.
What sets us apart:
- Low weight; the lightest air disc brake available
- Cost efficient; design solutions are driven by strong cost focus
- No special tools needed for pad exchange;
- Unsurpassed weight / brake torque ratio;
- The mechanism bellow is folded inwards and thus better protected from external affection (stones/blister etc);
Low weight, superior performance, easy maintenance and a single-tappet mechanism are the most important features of the Haldex Air Disc Brake ModulT.
The boltless snap-on brake pad retainer fitment simplifies brake pad replacement. The entire construction requires just two bolts.