From original idea to original equipment
As the very first clearance-sensing brake adjuster, the Haldex AA1 offers customers a higher level of technical efficiency, safety and reliability. It is designed to adjust exactly and gradually when it matters, maintaining a constant clearance between lining and drum, whatever the conditions or driver's braking style. The adjustment mechanism is integrated into a robust, high-quality housing that protects it from knocks, dirt and moisture and assures a long service life even in hostile driving environments.
- Constantly maintains brake lining -to-drum clearance, reducing stopping distances and increasing driver's confidence under all conditions.
- Heat-treated housing extends life and minimizes internal wear.
- Heat-treated, high strength, high alloy steel internal gears withstand wear.
- Reliable O-ring seals improve protection from moisture, dirt and road salt.
- Verifies proper installation at a glance through its built-in visual indicator, eliminating the cumbersome templates needed to check other ABAs.
What sets us apart:
- Global market leader with over 75 Million Brake adjusters sold since the introduction in the late 60´s.
- Better durability and reliability, which provides a longer service life.
- Reliable ring seal prevents contamination from moisture, dirt and road salt.
- Adjusts during brake release when forces on the adjuster are at their lowest which prolongs life.
- Clearance-sensing design prevents excessive brake wear and failed roadside inspection, which reduces operating and downtime costs.
- Simplifies adjustment during installation and brake lining replacement with an easily accessible adjustment hex - requiring no locking pawls to remove or disengage