Haldex Group, July - September 2012
- Sales amounted to SEK 931 m compared to SEK 1,017 m in the corresponding period last year. Adjusted for exchange rate fluctuations, sales decreased 7% compared with the same period prior year.
- Operating income and operating margin excluding restructuring costs amounted to SEK 52 m (65) and 5.6% (6.4), respectively. Operating income and operating margin including restructuring cost amounted to SEK 32 m and 3.4% respectively.
- One-off expenses related to the cost reduction program amounted to SEK 20 m during the third quarter. Total expenses for the program is approximately SEK 60 m with annual savings of SEK 35-40 m.
- Earnings after tax amounted to SEK 12 m (35). Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.23 (0.80).
- Cash-flow from operating activities was strong in the period amounting to SEK 55 m (61).
- Haldex celebrates the supply of 70 millionth Brake Adjusters.
- In Brazil a collaboration contract between Haldex and Master was finalized in September.
- Haldex signs global supply agreement for the Automatic Brake Adjuster to a total value of SEK 350 m over a five year period.
Key ratios, Haldex Group
|Amounts in SEK m||Jan-Sept, 2012||Jan-Sept, 2011||
|Operating margin, % 1)||5.7||6.2||5.6||6.4|
|Operating margin, %||4.0||6.2||3.4||6.4|
|Earnings after tax||53||118||12||35|
|Earnings per share, SEK||1.09||2.57||0.23||0.80|
1)Excluding restructuring costs
President and CEO Bo Annvik comments on the third quarter of 2012;
“The increased uncertainty in the global economy was apparent in the third quarter as we experienced a slow-down in our end markets, particularly in Europe and North America. De-stocking by some of the major original equipment manufacturers and extended factories shutdowns further compounded the issue. In light of the lower volumes we have taken decisive actions on adjusting our production capacity and manage our capital base. The new functional organization with reduced complexity has assisted us in quickly adjusting our cost base down and this resulted in good stable margins and cashflows. Looking forward we expect the weaker demand to continue into the fourth quarter and the focus will be on managing our operations to this demand to ensure we maintain a good cashflow. Our strong position within the aftermarket segment has a stablishing effect in a weaker market.”
Q4: Year-end report January – December, 2012 February 14, 2013
Q1: Interim report January – March, 2013 April 25, 2013
Annual General Meeting April 25, 2013
Invitation to press conference or telephone conference
Media and analysts are invited to a press conference at which the report will be presented with comments by Bo Annvik, President and CEO, and Pramod Mistry, CFO. The presentation will also be webcasted live.
Date/Time: The press conference will be held on Tuesday, November 6 at 10:00 CET
Venue: Scandic Anglais, Humlegårdsgatan 23, Stockholm.
Coffee and sandwiches will be served at 9:30 CET.
To join the telephone conference:
You can participate with questions by telephone.
SE: + 46 8 505 598 53
UK: +44 203 043 2436
US: +1 866 458 40 87
The presentation will be web casted live at:
The webcast will also be available afterwards and you can download the Interim Report and
the presentation from Haldex website:
Pramod Mistry, CFO
phone: +46 (0) 418 47 60 00 or +46 (0) 703 81 16 10
Kristina Brink, Corporate Communications Manager / Investor Relations
phone: +46 (0) 418 47 61 88 or +46 (0) 705 90 91 40
Haldex AB (publ)
Corporate Registration Number 556010-1155
Haldex discloses the information in this Interim Report according to the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Swedish Financial Trading Act. The information was provided for public release at 8:30 CET on Tuesday November 6, 2013.