Haldex Group, January - March 2012
- Sales amounted to SEK 1,073 m compared to SEK 952 m in the corresponding period last year. Adjusted for exchange rate fluctuations, sales increased 10% compared with the same period prior year.
- Operating income and operating margin amounted to SEK 64 m (55) and 6.0% (5.8), respectively.
- Earnings after tax amounted to SEK 34 m (38). Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.72 (0.82).
- Cash-flow from operating activities was strong in the period amounting to SEK 65 m (-109).
- Haldex continues the work in streamlining its processes and has initiated a program focusing on the production, engineering, sales and administration functions. One off expenses related to this program will amount to approximately SEK 60 m with annual savings of SEK 35-40 m. The costs related to this program will be taken in Q2 and Q3, with savings materializing in the latter part of the year.
Key ratios, Haldex Group
|Amounts in SEK m||Jan-Mar
|Earnings after tax||34*||38*|
|Earnings per share, SEK||0.72||0.82|
* ”Items effecting comparability” are described on page 6.
President and CEO Ulf Ahlén comments on the first quarter of 2012;
“Operating margin is sustained and cash flow generation is in line with operating earnings. From a sales viewpoint we saw differing developments between the regions. In North America we had strong sales in the quarter which were in line with expectations and the market development. In Europe our sales developed well whilst the market as expected was down. Concerns still exists around the European market and we continue to monitor the development closely. Sales started out more weak in South America and Asia, however the development improved by the end of the quarter.
After the prior years’ work with process optimization, Haldex is today a much leaner and more flexible organization, with improved production and business processes. We now continue our efforts and have initiated a program focusing on production, engineering, sales, administration functions.”
Q2: Six Month’s report January – June July 20
Q3: Interim report January – September November 6
Invitation to telephone conference
Haldex invites media and analysts to a teleconference in connection to the company's Q1 Report 2012. Ulf Ahlén, CEO and President of Haldex, and Pramod Mistry, CFO of Haldex, will present and comment on the report. The presentation will also be webcasted live.
Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Time: 11:00 AM CET
To join the telephone conference:
You can participate with questions by telephone.
SE: + 46 8 505 598 53
UK: +44 203 043 2436
DK: +45 369 541 87
US: +1 866 458 40 87
The presentation will be web casted live at:
The webcast will also be available afterwards and you can download the Interim Report and
the presentation from Haldex website:
Pramod Mistry, CFO
phone: +46 (0) 418 47 60 00
Kristina Brink, Corporate Communications Manager / Investor Relations
phone: +46 (0) 418 47 61 88 or +46 (0) 705 90 91 40
Haldex AB (publ)
Corporate Registration Number 556010-1155
Haldex (www.haldex.com), headquartered in Landskrona, Sweden, is a provider of proprietary and innovative solutions to the global commercial vehicle industry, with focus on products in vehicles that enhance safety, environment and vehicle dynamics. Haldex is listed on the Nasdaq OMX Stockholm Stock Exchange and had net sales of approx 4 billion SEK in 2011. The number of employees amounts to about 2,350.
Haldex discloses the information in this Interim Report according to the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Swedish Financial Trading Act. The information was provided for public release at 8:30 CET on Wednesday April 25, 2012.