At Haldex you will be a part of our R&D team with colleagues and internal stakeholders all around the world. In the office in Landskrona you will have close colleagues to interact and collaborate with. You will have the opportunity to have an impact on the development and innovation of new systems. Haldex has a flexible remote working policy, wellness subsidy & a gym at the site.
The Functional Safety Manager is responsible for the planning and coordination of the functional safety activities in the development phases of the safety lifecycle, in accordance with ISO26262. The safety manager is responsible for maintaining the safety plan, and for monitoring the progress of the safety activities against the safety plan. The The Functional Safety Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing functional safety requirements in cross functional teams. The responsibility of the Functional Safety Manager spans from defining architecture and interfaces, break down functional safety requirements to define the complete system. The role includes close cooperation both internally, with suppliers and with customers, why communication skills are essential. Project management of prototype projects and platforms project can be part of the responsibility.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate functional safety activities for ISO26262 compliance
- Create Functional Safety awareness across departments
- Perform safety management activities during all project phases including hazard analysis and risk assessment, DFMEA, FMEDA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis.
- Collaborate with project managers, development team and customers on Functional Safety
- The Safety manager should participate in the design process and provide professional feedback to achieve of the safety goal.
- Conduct reviews with product teams to ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout product development cycles.
- Sign-off the design release for each step during the development process
- Plan and coordinate functional safety audits and 3rd party assessments.
- Interfaces within organization
- Report and escalate proactively to Project manager and/or design leads.
- Interface with suppliers and customer organization
- Act as the voice of company towards the suppliers and customer
- Gathers functional safety goals from customers and handles the dialogue
- Meet customer expectations and works for successful business implementation
It´s an advantage that you have +5 years of system development or technical project management, preferably within the automotive business with Tier1/Tier2 supplier role experience. Platform and customer application coordination with OEM requirements on development process procedures and project management. Development of new products involving multi-site development.
- You have a thorough knowledge and experience in at least one field (electronics, embedded SW or system control strategy) and a good awareness of the others.
- ISO 26262 and experience with system engineering approaches (requirements engineering / management, functional analysis and allocation, architecture design, validation, and verification) and experience with change & configuration management.
- You are familiar with automotive development and quality process (FMEA/FTA methods/tools)
- You are structured as a person and have the ability to communicate complex ideas concisely and persuasively to peers, management, and customers
- Communication, collaboration, and coaching
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization/control skills and approaches challenges with a positive attitude
- Project Time and risk Management
- Champions transparency and compliance to TS16949, APQP, HPMM and yearly budget process
- Comfortable in presenting and ability to adapt to audience
- Fluent in Swedish, English and preferably German
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software, electro-mechanics, electrical or mechanical engineering
For further information about the position please contact Anders Lindqvist, Director New Platforms, 0418-47 60 00. Please send your application to email@example.com with relevant enclosures no later than January 17th 2022.