The Haldex ModulT program is a new air disc brake platform developed specifically for the purpose of meeting increased customer demands on performance, robustness, service up-time, weight and total cost.
- Low weight whilst retaining stiffness and durability
- A single tappet mechanism with similar clamping force distribution as the Haldex twin tappet mechanism
- Simplified maintenance safe boltless pad retainer and only two bolts for the complete brake
- Modular the same mechanism and sliding function design used on multiple brake sizes
- Long service life stainless sliding pins, PTFE coated steel bushings, and the mechanism bellows is folded inwards thus protected from external affection
- High efficiency the use of double roller bearings for the mechanism lever keeps the hysteresis low and thus a high efficiency is achieved
The ModulT program consists of a number of variants for various wheel sizes and various applications within the truck, bus and trailer segments.
The basic design of the ModulT consists of a large single tappet mechanism, a monobloc calliper and two sliding pins.
The Haldex ModulT disc brake is designed to provide high performance coupled with durability, low weight and a minimum number of wearing parts.
It can be used for various applications subject to installation approval.